1986 – 1993 - Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of History
1995 – 1997 - Institute of Comparative Politology, RAS
«Political reformism in Great Britain», Institute of Comparative Politology, RAS, 1997
«Modernization of party and political system of Great Britain», Institute of Europe, RAS, 2005
Director of the Institute of Europe (RAS)
Alexey Anatolievich Gromyko
Doctor of Science (Politics), Chairman of the Council of Professors of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), expert in British studies, European studies and international relations. Director of the Institute of Europe RAS, founder and head of Center for British Studies (2000-2014). Expert of European programmes at the Russkiy Mir Foundation and Chairman of the expert committee of the Institute of linguistic, civilization and migration processes of the Russkiy Mir Foundation. President of the Russian Association of European Studies (AES). Member of Bureau of RAS Department of Global Problems and International Relations. Member of the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC). Member of Presidium of the Free Economic Society of Russia. Chairman of the Academic Council of the Institute of Europe, Editor-in-Chief of “Contemporary Europe” journal, member of editorial boards: “Observer”, “Messenger of Saint Petersburg University” (“International Relations” series), member of editorial councils: “Messenger of Diplomatic Academy of Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry. Russia and the World”, “Geopolitical Journal”. Member of Dissertation Council of the Diplomatic Academy of Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry. Award-winner of the Russian Science Support Foundation for 2004 and 2006. Chairman of Board of the Russian movement “For Democratic International Order and Support of the United Nations”. Member of Board of the New Economic Association. Author of individual monographs “Political Reformism in Great Britain” (2001), “Modernization of the UK Party System” (2007), “Images of Russia and Great Britain: Reality and Prejudices” (2008). Editor and author of collective monographs “Great Britain. The Era of Reforms” (2007); “Lessons of WWII for Europe in the XXI Century” (2011), “Building Good Neighbourly Relations. Russia in Europe” (2013), “Dilemmas of Britain. The Search for Ways of Development” (2014), “Greater Europe. Ideas, Reality, Prospects” (2014). Author and compiler of monographs “Better Ten Years of Negotiations than One Day of War. Reminiscences about Andrei Andreyevich Gromyko” (2009) and “Reminiscences about Nikolay Shmelev”. Member of Council bureau of the Russian Foundation for Humanities. Member of Academic Council of the Security Council of Russia and Academic Council of the Russian Foreign Ministry. Member of Commission of the Presidential Council on the Russian language. Honorary member of Academic Forum of Chernorizets Hrabar Varna Free University and Honorary Doctor of Paisii Hilendarski University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Chapters in collective monographs
- Gromyko Al. A. Greater Europe: ideas, reality, prospects. Collective monograph, editor and co-author. М: “Ves Mir”, 2014
- Gromyko Al. A. Dilemmas of Britain. The search for ways of development. Collective monograph, resp. editor, co-author. М: “Ves Mir”, 2014
- Gromyko Al. A. Building good neighborhood. Russia in the spaces of Europe. Collective monograph, resp. editor, co-author, М.: “Ves Mir”, 2013.
- Gromyko Al. A. European Union in XXI century: the time of tests. Collective monograph in series «The Old World – the New Times», co-author. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2012.
- Gromyko Al. A. Social Europe in XXI century. Collective monograph in series «The Old World – the New Times», co-author. IE RAS. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2011.
- Gromyko Al. A. Experience of World War II for Europe of XXI century. Collective monograph, resp. editor, co-author. IE RAS. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2011.
- Gromyko Al. A. Russia in the Polycentric World, co-author. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2011.
- Gromyko Al. A. Security of Europe. Collective monograph in series «The Old World – the New Times», co-author. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2011
- Gromyko Al. A. Russia in the Variety of Civilizations. Collective monograph in series «The Old World – the New Times», co-author. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2011
- Gromyko Al. A. Great Britain. The Epoch of Reforms. Editor-in-chief and co-author. М.: “Ves Mir”, 2007.
- Gromyko Al. A. "The Third Way": What’s Next? From Compassion to the "New Progressivism". / Chapter in: Challenges of the XXI Century. Globalization and Identity Problems in the Multiform World / Ed. by Т.Т. Тimofeev. М.: Ogni, 2005.
- Gromyko Al. A. Experience of Great Britain. / Chapter in: Experience of the Leading Western European States in Building Optimal Relations between the State and Private Business. Reports of IE RAS, М., № 137, 2004.
- Gromyko Al. A. Globalization in the British Concept of the "Third Way ". / Chapter in: The State and the Society in Globalization Conditions: the Left Prospective / Ed. by А.А. Galkin. М.: ISP RAS, 2003.
- Gromyko Al. A. The Left Centrism: Problems and Prospects. / Almanac Forum 2000. At the Turn of Centuries. М.: Ves Mir, 2000.
- Gromyko Al. A. Realization of the history lessons is the key to modern problems. Unanimous answer to global challenges is the key to he world of justice: proceeds of International forum, Moscow, April 27, 2015. - М.: Kluch-С, 2015. P. 46-48. ISBN 978-5-906751-43-0.
- Gromyko Al. A. Russia-EU relations at a crossroads: preventing a new Cold War in a polycentric world. Southeast European and Black Sea Studies Eliamer, vol.15 number 2 Routledge, 2015. P.141-151. ISSN 1468-3857.
- Gromyko Al. A. The Greater Europe in the web of the Ukrainian crisis. World Economy and International Relations. 2015. № 7. С. 118-122
- Gromyko Al. A. Ahead in the past. Contemporary Europe, №1, Moscow, 2015, P. 5-10.
- Gromyko Al. A. West-Russia Relations and Emerging Global Order Polycentric World as the New Reality. West West-Russia Relations in light of the Ukraine Crisis. Iai research papers / by Riccardo Alcaro, 2015, p. 49-63.
- Gromyko Al. A. Ups and downs of Russia-EU relations. Moderm World and Geopolitics / Moscow: Canon+, 2015, P. 267-292.
- Alexey Gromyko «Reason will prevail». Rossiyskaya Gazeta, №134 (6705), June 23, 2015. P.10-13.
- Gromyko Al. A. The new normality or the new “big agreement“? Contemporary Europe, №2, Moscow, 2015, P. 5-9.
- Gromyko Al.A. Europe, who are you and where are you heading for? Literaturnaya Gazeta, №27 (6515). July 1-7, 2015. 9.
- Gromyko Al. A. Culture in the world of the XXI century. Siberian International Scientific Almanaс, № 17, 2015, P. 5-14.
- Gromyko Al. A. Some results of coalition government. Great Britain on the verge of general parliamentary elections. Reports of IE RAS № 309, 2015. SPb.: Nestor-Istoria, P. 7-12
- In search of common sense. Remembering Nikolai Shmelev. Institute of Europe RAS; comp. Аl.А. Gromyko. – М.: IE RAS; SPb.: Nestor-Istoria, 2015. P. 3-5.
- Gromyko Al. A. Remembering Nikolai Shmelev. Farewell to Evgeniy Primakov. Contemporary Europe, №3, Moscow, 2015. P. 5-7.
- Gromyko Al. A. Russia, USA, smaller Europe (EU): competition for leadership in the polycentric world. Contemporary Europe, №4, Moscow, 2015. P. 5-15.
- Gromyko Al. A. Acute international law problems of the XXI century: proceeds of international round table. – М.: Russian State Duma, 2015. P. 41-44
- Gromyko Al. A. Formation approach to development of international relations (European perspective). Contemporary Europe, №5, Moscow, 2015. P. 5-14
- Gromyko Al. A. Pace and results of parliamentary elections in Great Britain 2015. Reports of IE RAS № 319. SPb.: Nestor-Istoria, 2015. P. 9-15
- Gromyko Al. A. Eurointegration of Ukraine: prospects, consequences and policy of Russia (introduction). Reports of IE RAS № 317. SPb.: Nestor-Istoria, 2015. P.7-9
- Gromyko Al. A. The 70th anniversary of the first UN Assembly and modern challenges of international security (introduction). Reports of IE RAS № 321. SPb.: Nestor-Istoria, 2015. P. 7-10
- Al. A. Gromyko, V.P. Fedorov. To ban economic sanctions. Works of the Free Economic Society of Russia. М.: FES, 2015. P. 348-357
Selected publications of Al.A.Gromyko
- Gromyko Alexey. Smaller or Greater Europe? RSPI Nuova serie/ OTTOBRE-DIСEMBRE 2014 ANNO 81 FAЗС. 324, 2014.
- Gromyko Alexey.Destabilization of Europe and the problem of trust / “Contemporary Europe” journal №4, М.: 2014.
- Gromyko Alexey. Spaces of Europe: fragments or parts of the whole / «Development and economy» scientific, social and political almanac №5, M.: March 2013.
- Gromyko Alexey. Britain in crisis / Diplomatic yearbook – 2012, Diplomatic Academy of Foreign Ministry of RF, М.: «Ves Mir», 2013.
- Gromyko Alexey. Only closer EU-Russia links can halt Europe’s global decline / Europe’s World, summer 2012.
- Gromyko Alexey. Identita del Mediterraneo. Elementi russi. / AMD Editioni, 2012.
- Gromyko Alexey. Russia Between Europe and Asia / International Affairs. MN. 2012. vol. 58. №6.
- Gromyko Alexey. Methodology of history and the problem of historical objectiveness / collection «Works of MSU History faculty», rel. 54; ser. «Historical studies», 2012. М.: History faculty MSU.
- Gromyko Alexey. The changing geometry of policentricity / «Comparative politics» journal, № 2(8), 2012. М.: «Yurist».
- Gromyko Alexey. Europe 2020. What awaits the integration? volume 2 (of 3). Scientific release «Foreign policy of Russia 2000 – 2020» / RIAC. М.: «Aspect Press», 2012.
- Gromyko Alexey. Russia and European Union: dynamics of relations. Introductory article to part 7 «Russia, European countries and integration problems », volume 3 (of 6). Course book «Russia in global world 2000 – 2011» / RIAC. М.: «Aspect Press», 2012.
- Gromyko Alexey. From Britain with caution / FERST magazine London-Washington, Special Issue, September 2011.
- Gromyko Alexey. Russia and European Union in a post bipolar era / West – Ost – Report, International Forum for Science and Research, Berlin, № 2, 2011.