Nezhin and Chernigov Pedagogical Institute
Moscow Social and Humanitarian Academy
Evolution of Komsomol in the Perestroika years (1985 - 1990)
leading scientific associate, Head of Center for Ukrainian Studies, Editor-in-Chief “Contemporary Europe” journal
1983-1986 Member of Central Committee of Communist party of Ukraine, First Secretary of the Young Communist League of Ukraine Central Committee.
1990 First deputy Head of Department of Central Committee of Communist party of USSR.
1991 Secretary of International Affairs Committee of Supreme Council of USSR.
1991-1993 Counselor to Moscow region Government.
1993-2004 Various positions in political and non-governmental organizations (All-Russian Union «Obnovlenie» - Civil Union, UNESCO Institute in Moscow, Russian United Social-Democratic party, Social-Democratic party of Russia).
1996-present Counselor to M.S.Gorbachov, President of Gorbachev Foundation.
2001 Candidate of Science (History). Dissertation «Komsomol in the Perestroika period of Soviet society: in search for new model of the league and new youth policy (1985–1990)».
2004-present Leading scientific associate, Head of Center for Ukrainian studies, IE RAS.
2006-present Editor-in-chief «Contemporary Europe» journal.
Born in 1953, graduated from Nezhin State University and Chernigov State Pedagogical University. Completed postgraduate program in Moscow University for Humanities. First Secretary of the Young Communist League of Ukraine Central Committee (1983 - 1986), First Secretary of the Young Communist League of the USSR Central Committee (1986 - 1990), member of Central Committee of Communist party of USSR, First deputy Head of Department for relations with other political organizations of Central Committee of Communist party of USSR, Secretary of International Affairs Committee of Supreme Council of USSR. Author of over 100 articles on problems of history of USSR, youth movement in USSR and world, youth policy, international relations, history of Ukraine and Russian-Ukraine relations. Author of monograph «History of Russian-Ukrainian relations (1991-2001). Historiographical essay», published in Ukraine in 2004 and in Russia in 2005.
Scope of scientific interests:
the newest history, history of Ukraine, Russia – Ukraine relations
Major publications: 1. Report to the ХХth Congress of the Young Communist League of USSR. М.: «Molodaya gvardia», 1987.
2. Russian-Ukrainian relations in 1991 – 2001. Historiographical essay. М., 2004. 162 p.
3. Discovery of Ukraine. Political anatomy of the «orange revolution». «Contemporary Europe» journal. IE RAS – 2005. - №2.
4. On the way to «the fifth republic»: Ukraine after the «orange revolution». «Vlast» magazine. – 2005. №12.
5. Patriot games. «Profile» magazine (Ukraine). – 2006. – August.
6. Ukraine: on the way to «the fifth republic». Some results of the «orange revolution». «Contemporary Europe» journal. – 2006. - №3.
7. Images of Russia in Ukraine: some peculiarities of formation. «Otechestvenniye zapiski» journal, - 2006. – April.
8. Russia and Ukraine. Conflict Potential. «Vestnik Europy» journal. XXVI-XXVII. P. 40-57
9. Symbol of the victory not gained. Russia in global politics. Т.7. №6. November-December. 2009. P. 164-174.
10. Russia puts in for too long... «Contemporary Europe» journal, №2 (42) April-July 2010.
11. Selected problems of Russian historical Ukrainian studies / First conference of Russian association of Ukrainian studies: Materials of the scientific and practical conference. Moscow, RSUH, November 10, 2010. М.: RSUH, 2011. P. 106-112.
12. Russian political influence in Ukraine in 1991-2010 / Reports of IE RAS №273. М., 2011.
13. Russian political influence in Ukraine: prerequisites and conditions. «Istoriya v podrobnostyakh» journal. №10(40) October 2013. P. 84-92
14. Ukraine in 1945 - 2011 / History of Ukraine. – SPb.: Aleteya, 2015.
15. EU - Ukraine / European Union in search of its global role / Ed. by Аl. А. Gromyko, М.G. Nosov. - М.: Ves Mir, 2015.
Membership in scientific associations:
Russian association of Ukrainian studies