1971–1976: Lomonosov Moscow State University, History faculty
1978–1982: Institute of Comparative Politology RAS; external postgraduate program.
Head of Department of European integration
Scope of scientific interests:
European Union and Russia; common European cooperation for internal security; EU regional policy; migration processes in Europe; integration processes in Europe.
Total number of publications:
Over 100 printed works: monographs, chapters in monographs, articles in reviewed Russian and foreign journals.
Publications in foreign languages
(for full bibliography see the personal page in Russian)
- Russia and the Common Space of Freedom, Security and Justice. Brussels: European Parliament, Directorate General for Internal Policy and Constitutional Affairs, 2013. 38 p. (co-author with Raül Hernández i Sagrera).
- Russia’s Engagement with the JHA and the Question of Trust. Brussels: CEPS, 2002. 12 p.
- EU-Russia Cooperation in Justice and Home Affairs in the Context of Enlargement. Louvaine-la Neuve: Louvaine-la Neuve Université, 2002. 22 p.
Chapters in monographs and collective works
- EU-Russia Cooperation in Justice and Home Affairs. The Global Dimension of European Constitutional Integration. A cura di Castorina E., Policastro P. Torino: G. Giappichelli Editore, 2010. P.450-455.
- EU and Russia in Search of Strategic Partnership // European Integration without EU Membership: Models, Experiences, Perspectives. Florence: European Union Institute, Max Weber Working Papers, 2009. - P.47-59.
- A 'Friendly' Schengen Border and Illegal Migration: The Case of the EU and its Direct Neighborhood//”Soft or Hard Borders? Managing the Divide in an Enlarged Europe”, ed. By Joan DeBardeleben ed., Ashgate Publishing Co, 2005.
- Ramifications of Enlargement on the EU-Russia Relations and the Schengen Regime // Justice and Home Affairs in the EU. Liberty and Security Issues after Enlargement, ed. by J.Apap// Edward Elgar Publishing, 2004.
Articles in foreign journals
- EU-Russia Cooperation on the Common Space of Freedom, Security and Justice? A Challenge or an Opportunity? // European Security. 2010. Vol.19. Issue 4, December 2010.
- EU-Russia cooperation in Justice and Home Affairs. The EU-Russia Review, N 2, Brussels, November 2006.
- Some Ramifications of Enlargement on the EU-Russia Relations and the Schengen Regime, “European Journal of Migration and Law”, No. 5, 2003, Kluwer Law International, Netherlands.