The Center for Political Integration Studies is a division of the European Integration Studies Department.
The Center's scientific research focuses on the development of integration processes in Europe, the study of their quantitative and qualitative characteristics based on classical and modern theoretical approaches, the European Union as a unique integration association in the world, its internal architecture and foreign policy activity.
The scope of the Center’s scientific interests comprises:
- theoretical understanding of the implementation of integration processes in Europe;
- institutional development of the European Union, activities of the EU institutions;
- interaction between EU institutions and member states;
- differentiation and flexibility in the EU, external integration formats;
- the impact of European integration on the political and socio-economic transformation of the Member States;
- development of Area of freedom, security and justice;
- policies of the European Union, in particular, migration, energy, social, transport;
- foreign policy dimension of the activities of the European Union, its regional and country directions.